A pre-purchase building inspection is a critical investment prior to any home, commercial building or investment property purchase.
A pre-purchase building inspection will give you peace of mind that you are not buying a property with unforeseen or insurmountable problems. With the benefit of expert knowledge, you can assess and adjust your budget for the purchase or proposed renovations and have a powerful tool to negotiate a better deal with the vendor or managing agent.
By obtaining a pre-purchase inspection report you will be able to:
- Avoid or withdraw from the purchase of a building with defects
- Negotiate a better sale price or leasing deal based on estimated cost of rectifying defects
- Plan and budget for any major maintenance works or upkeep of the building
- Be confident when buying an investment property without seeing it e.g. from the internet, in another state etc
The most likely areas for building defects are often overlooked by potential purchasers, or are not made accessible to them. While a building may appear to be in good condition on initial inspection, many potential problems or defects are hidden under the floor or above your head.
As part of our inspection, we will inspect the roof void, the sub-floor as well as the entire building externally and internally to check for defects such as:
- Rising damp
- Shower leaks (showers are flood tested)
- Timber decay or termite damage
- Structural cracking in external brickwork and internal walls
- Condition of roof tiles/iron roofing/skylights
- Sub-floor ventilation and drainage
What You Can Expect
The report will:
- Assess the overall state of repair of the property
- Identify any significant building defects or issues
- Provide supporting photographic evidence of any areas of concern
- Provide estimated costs to rectify, repair or maintain the areas of concern
- All inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards AS4349.
Buy Online Now: