This service includes inspection of the facilities (or proposed facilities) and a detailed report outlining all requirements by legislation and the National Construction Code for all types of children’s care facilities, play centres, and unsupervised playgrounds, and identifies any areas of non-compliance. Ensuring these premises are compliant with all requirements not only reduces the risk of accident or injury to children, it also reduces the risk of claims against the operating authority.
These inspections are not only valuable for those already carrying out child-related activities but may also be used to identify properties that would be suitable for these type of activities.
Premises where Child Care Centre and Facility Inspections are relevant are:
- Long and short term day care centres
- Recreation centre crèches
- Before and after school care facilities
- Schools and other children’s recreational and educational facilities
- Council owned and managed halls
- Kindergartens and early childhood education centres
- Commercial play facilities, including unsupervised playrooms in clubs and fast food restaurants
- Indoor play centres
- Outdoor unsupervised playgrounds