This Strata Inspection Report is similar to a building report when someone buys a house, but it is of the strata documents only.
The records of the Owners Corporation must comply with the Strata Schemes Management Act. By no means do we suggest that this replaces a building inspection report. The big difference is a Strata Inspection Report will report on the building, also known as the Strata Scheme. It should provide precise details of what is happening within the building or complex.
Should you choose The Property Inspectors to produce a report, our report will include:
- Who is the current owner?
- What are the quarterly levies for the property?
- What are your voting rights?
- What is your unit entitlement?
- When are the levies paid to?
- Have there been or are there any current or proposed Special Levies (additional contributions outside your quarterly levies that may be raised for building defects or major works)?
- Does the Strata Scheme comply with Fire Requirements, Work Health & Safety Obligations and Asbestos Management?
- Is there any information in the records approving animals? Are animals permitted?
- How much is in the sinking fund and Administrative Fund?
- Are any of the funds in deficit?
- Are there any current legal matters? Have there been any legal matters in the past 3 years?
- Building Defects or Home Owner Warranty Claims for Defects;
- Breaches of By-Laws (Rules and Regulations for this building);
- Is there any disharmony?
- Major Income and Expenditure over the past 3 years;
- Proposed Major Expenditure;
- What is the current value of the building?
- Is the building insured and if so adequately insured? (details of the insurance and cover);
- Are there any compliance related matters within the records such as window and balcony compliance?
- Is there a Sinking Fund Forecast? (a report prepared detailing what the levy contributions should be over the next 10-15 years including detailed maintenance);
- Are there any known disputes within the Strata Scheme;
- Copies of Annual General Meeting Minutes, Extraordinary General Meeting Minutes and Executive Committee Meeting Minutes;
- Copies of building reports, extracts from compliance reports.
Please note, if a document is not made available at the time of our strata inspection, we cannot report on it, nor comment, our reports are solely on the documents at hand at the time of our appointment within the strata company that manages the strata plan that we have been commissioned to report on.
The Property Inspectors employs full time, specialized, strata inspectors who have worked for strata companies, managing strata complexes and have brought their knowledge and experience to our organisation.