Pre -Settlement Inspection Report
A pre-settlement inspection is a critical investment prior to any home or investment property purchase.
A pre-settlement inspection will give you peace of mind that you are not buying a property with unforeseen or insurmountable problems. With the benefit of expert knowledge, you can assess and adjust your budget for the purchase or proposed renovations and have a powerful tool to negotiate a better deal with the vendor or managing agent.
By obtaining a pre-settlement inspection report you will be able to:
- Identify problems prior to purchase so you can avoid the difficultly and cost of getting the builder to fix in the future.
- Avoid or withdraw from the purchase of a building with defects
- Satisfy yourself that what you saw in the display unit is what your are getting in respect to finishes
- Be confident when buying a property that you have a qualified person assist in your review.
The most likely areas for building defects are often overlooked by potential purchasers, or are not made accessible to them. While a building may appear to be in good condition on initial inspection, many potential problems or defects are hidden under the floor or above your head.
As part of our inspection, we will inspect the roof void, the sub-floor as well as the entire building externally and internally to check for defects such as:
- Rising damp
- Shower leaks (showers are flood tested)
- Timber decay or termite damage
- Structural cracking in external brickwork and internal walls
- Condition of roof tiles/iron roofing/skylights
- Sub-floor ventilation and drainage.
What You Can Expect
The report will:
- Assess the overall state of repair of the property
- Identify any significant building defects or issues
- Provide supporting photographic evidence of any areas of concern
- All inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standards AS4349.
$720.00 Online Price