New Construction, Renovation and Extension Inspections
If you are building a new home, renovating or extending and require a second opinion on the status of the project, quality, compliance or value of work carried out to date, The Property Inspectors can help. We will provide a detailed report assessing all new works and progress claims lodged for payment. This can take place at any stage of construction or at handover.
The Property Inspectors will inspect and provide an independent third party certificate on works to date and an estimate of market value. This process will protect the consumer from over-paying contractors for projects ranging from:
- Minor building works
- Major alterations & additions
- New builds
- Strata works
- Commercial & industrial projects
Why engage an independent building consultant?
- You have an un-biased and independent assessment of the work that has been carried out, which is completely separate from your relationship with your building contractor
- An independent view of work carried out can assist in reducing or resolving disagreements you may have with your building contractor
- You will know what claims from building contractors are valid and which should be disputed
- Having an independent inspector onsite “keeps the contractor honest” and makes them accountable for all variations submitted, progress claims lodged for payments and extension in time requests which will result in a more cost effective project for the end user
- The Property Inspectors are approved building certifiers for the majority of local Councils
What will the report cover?
- Identify any safety hazards
- Identify any non-compliant works
- Highlight poor or substandard workmanship
- Assess incomplete works
- Outline and identify any suspected non-compliance with contracts and specifications
- Provide a market estimation of value of works to date
The Property Inspectors uses the Guide to Standards and Tolerances 2007, as the basis for all inspections, as well as relevant Australian Standards and the National Construction Code.
Assessments of project work can be carried out at any stage of the construction, including a Pre-construction Cost Audit, regular Site Inspections as part of the certification process or Assessments of Progress Claims, Variations or Defects.
New Construction, renovation and extension inspections (residential projects):
+General Site inspection hourly rate which includes travel time.
Our Hourly rate Per Person is $300.00 Per Hour Plus GST
Our Hourly rate will be used for Small jobs that don’t fit within the below descriptions, we will quoted as follows
1/2 hr travel each way + 1/2 hr Site evaluation + 1/2 hr assessment + 1/2 hr Prep and submit report = 2 hrs x $300 = $600 Plus GST
Progress claims assessment:
+Progress claims assessment
(Site inspection + back office report)$990.00$780.00$650.00
+Defects Report (While works are in progress)$1500.00$1300.00$990.00
+Defects Report (at completion of works) 1 – 10 defects$1500.00$1200.00$990.00
+Defects Report (at completion of works) 1 – 20 defects$2400.00$1800.00$1500.00
+Defects Report (at completion of works) 1 – 40 defects$4500.00$3500.00$2500.00
+Defects Report (at completion of works) 1 – 60 defects$4500.00$3600.00$3000.00
+All Other ReportsGet Quote
Expert Witness reports
(Defect report + Scott Schedule + Photographic evidence)
+Site Inspections standard hourly rate on all inspections is $300 Plus GST Per Hour
Our hourly rate includes travel time to attend site to inspect and quote on the works, if approved whilst we are on site and our quote is accepted and the job proceeds on the day of the quote being submit the $300 fee comes off the quoted sum
+Expert Witness Report 1 – 10 Defects$3500.00$3000.00$2500.00
+Expert Witness Report 1 – 20 Defects$6500.00$5500.00$4500.00
+Expert Witness Report 1 – 40 Defects$12000.00$9600.00$8000.00
+Expert Witness Report 1 – 60 Defects$18000.00$15000.00$12000.00
+All Other ReportsGet Quote